Partner & Chief Investment Officer
David Ott is the Chief Investment Officer and one of the founding members of Acropolis Investment Management, LLC.
In addition to working with clients, David is responsible for the Investment Committee and the Research & Trading group. The team researches strategies and securities, and implements them with the Portfolio Managers.
David also communicates the Acropolis investment philosophy as the editor of our quarterly letter, Portfolio Insights. His writing has appeared online at Morningstar and Seeking Alpha, and has been quoted in Forbes, Bloomberg, and The Wall Street Journal.
Local media appearances include news segments on all of the St. Louis TV channels, KMOX, and KTRS radio, The St. Louis Post Dispatch and the St. Louis Business Journal.
Outside of Acropolis, David is actively involved in the community, serving on the following boards:
- Craft Alliance, 2002-2004. Leadership: Treasurer
- Whitfield School, 2012-2018. Leadership: Finance Chair (2016-2018)
- St. Michael & St. George Vestry, 2015-2018; Finance Committee (ongoing)
- St. Louis Public Radio, 2014 – Current. Leadership: President (2015-2017)
- City Academy, 2015 – Current. Leadership: Endowment Committee Chair (2015-2018)
David earned a BA in Political Science from Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, PA. He is a St. Louis native and enjoys spending time with his wife of more than 20 years and his two teenage daughters. David is an avid reader and is currently trying to broaden his horizons beyond books about investing.